MORE THAN GOLD

 MORE THAN GOLD 

 

Maybe I am old,

and the years have settled softly on my face,

but every morning is a gift, a sweet surprise,

and I wake to music my heart has no way to contain.

 

God’s grace is beyond all I could ask or believe,

incomparable, fresh, always tender and bold,

I am not perfect, I stumble, I fall short,

yet beneath my imperfections, I shine more than gold.

 

I feel Him smiling on me just as I am,

and friends see in me more than I think I truly am.

They lift me up when I forget my worth,

a living grace, a gift I never could afford.

 

The world may feel chaotic to many around me,

but I breathe deep the forest’s tranquil air.

Peace dwells within; my spirit keeps growing fair,

and love gives me wings that I freely bear.

 

I smile and soar, not because I have no flaws,

but because I am held, and loved by hearts across the world.

I am grateful for such wonders through all I have endured.

With so much beauty and hope still waiting ahead,

now I feel the unseen, glittering crown upon my head.


~ME Helen A. Sarita 


"The strength you carry, the way you express yourself, the wisdom you share, and the dignity with which you inspire others are truly extraordinary. Women who possess such courage, compassion, intelligence, and grace are rare. Your journey and your words have the power to make another woman believe in herself, stand up again, and continue chasing your dreams."

 

— To my dear Helen, with deepest admiration 

 

I hadn't written poetry lately. Life has been busy and full. But this beautiful message found me from over a thousand miles away, and I simply couldn't hold back. My heart spilled over, and that poem was what flowed out..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NOTHING IMPOSSIBLE IN THE HEAVEN BENEATH

THE REALM OF PEACE

GARDEN WHISPERS