Skip to main content

AN INTERVIEW CONDUCTED BY FIONA MCVIE (June 2016)

 Name: Helen Sarita

Age: 50

Where are you from:   

I am from my beautiful country Philippines.

 

A little about your self, `i.e., your education, Family life, etc.:      

I am a mother of 5 children. My 3 sons are already married, and they are giving me 5 cute grandkids. They are Ashton, Bea Sushmita,  Catrice Dale, David, and Richie. My only daughter Shekinah Paz is now graduating from her nursing course, and my youngest son Kristianiño is now in Grade VI.  My husband is sick for 10 years already. I am working so hard for my family, my husband’s medicine, and for my 2 children, who are still in school. My work as GM so much occupied my time, but behind my hectic schedule, I see it to spare my time for my poetry. This is my passion to which I also consider as my stress reliever.

 

 

ADVERTISEMENT

REPORT THIS AD

Fiona: Tell us your latest news? :     

I am now in Brunei for a week's vacation. My stay here brings me a lot of surprises. I was able to go to the Palace of Sultan Hassanal  Bolkiah and attend the Hari Raya. It is their usual celebration after Ramadan where the Palace is open to all visitors from different countries for 3 days. They serve food just like having a grand banquet for all, plus the privilege to shake the Queen and her Princesses' hands. When we were there, they served meals to 33,000 people from different countries all throughout the day. It was such an amazing experience.

It was also just yesterday that my Author friend Deborah Brooks Langford woke me up, calling me by FB Messenger that my book was ready for publication, and Author Susan Joyner Stumph was just waiting for my go signal. I was amazed throughout the day and still can’t believe my dream to publish my own poetry book comes true.

 

Fiona: When and why did you begin writing? :     

I wrote the book “Panaw sa Kinabuhi uban bi Fr. Rannie Veriña” or Journey of Life with Fr. Rannie Veriña last 2002. I wrote it in our own native dialect and was printed locally

In my poetry world, I wrote my first poem entitled “It’s About Time” in June 2005.  I wrote that poem inside the car while waiting for my husband. I can’t answer why I wrote that poem, yet I consider I have a calling to write to inspire people.

 

Fiona: When did you first consider yourself a writer?:  

 Many friends called me a writer, but I can’t still consider myself a writer until I have my own Book published and known internationally. This time it’s official to say I am a writer.

 

Fiona: What inspired you to write your first book?:   

I consider myself a survivor of many trials. And I believe surpassing any obstacles in life is kind of a beautiful story to share. Writing poetry with the context of inspiring others served my purpose, and it has to be preserved and written in a book.

 

Fiona: Do you have a specific writing style?:  

I don’t have, really, but I feel comfortable writing the traditional way of writing, like rhyming the lines to which I can see it has the ancient touch and pleasant to read. But I am trying to also write sometimes a free verse style.

 

Fiona: How did you come up with the title?:  

This is my first poem's title, which brings deep meaning to my first book.” It’s About Time.” It’s about time to glitter soon the ample brilliant of my stones… Yes, I chose this title because now I feel I am glittering.

 

Fiona: Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?:  

Mine is poetry, not a novel. My message for the readers is simply to stand by your faith and believe yourself you can. Always be positive in life, and you will receive great rewards in all your endeavors. Those tears will turn to laughter. Just remain humble.

 

Fiona: How much of the book is realistic, and are experiences based on someone you know or events in your own life?:  

My book is me, myself. Every word is real. If you read my poetry, you will then know well who truly I am.

 

Fiona: What books have most influenced your life most? A mentor?:  

Nothing to be exact. My real-life story is a book itself. I even thank those struggles I’ve been through as to where I got the strength that turns into words to enlighten others.

 

Fiona: Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest, and who is your favorite author, and what is it that really strikes you about their work?:  

I love all the works written from the hearts. There are so many to mention. I am not a follower of Michael Ellis, but his posts of doing some public talks caught my interest. I wish to be like him one day, talking with people with my inspirational stories.

 

Fiona: Name one entity that you feel supported you outside of family members.:  

This renowned Poetess Deborah  Brooks  Langford is supporting me all out from the start, Fiona. But if you will allow me to name two, I will include this wonderful Author, Susan Joyner Stumph. These two ladies gave me their full support in publishing my first book and supporting me in advertising it. I owe my achievement as an Author to both of them.

 

Fiona: Do you see writing as a career?:  

Writing could be a career for some. Yet, in my case, I consider my poetry writing is more a passion than a career.

 

Fiona: If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your latest book?:  

I don’t think I have to change anything. This first book of mine contains fifty (50) inspirational poems, and I believe it will touch many hearts worldwide.

 

Fiona: Do you recall how your interest in writing originated?:  

When I wrote my first poem, I finished it in 10 minutes while waiting for my husband inside the car. And I found myself appreciating my own work and was motivated to write more because of the encouragement of some friends after reading my few finished works.

 

Fiona: Can you share a little of your current work with us?:  

Yes sure. In my latest poem entitled “Reflection,” I have featured all my close friends on FB who are also Poetesses. It is some kinda tribute for them.

Reflections...

Scrolling down my Facebook page, I can’t find anything but a gesture of love and grace.

 

I see Author Deborah Brooks Langford’s beautiful photos.

Just wonderfully  amazing she is

I find love in her every angle.

She’s awesome and loving to us and all...

 

I see Author Susan’s beautiful pictures. Her radiance beams light to nature, such a wonderful soul seldom to be found. She is so lovely and just so wonderful...

 

Nasu is her name, she is so beautiful and sweet lady  She is busy showering love to her fans night and day she is simply awesome in her way I love her kindness and generosity.

 

Zahra, her hidden soul, speaks to her beauty. She is such a gorgeous lady admired by many In her heart, there are so many wonders in it.

She is a dreamer. Her words are simply fantastic.

 

Her comes  Jolly,  she is adorable and moving every day she is glorious and shining she shares love through her brilliance She lightens the world with her radiance...

 

Shamenaz is a lady quietly shining in glamour.

She spreads love from her deepest core.

She is true and sincere as a friend. She loves to share thoughts about her well-being...

 

Tracy is a simple, smart, and lovely woman. She never asked anything grand. She is deep and so humble.

She stands with the beauty of her principles...

 

Hamdia is a beautiful face from Upper Egypt. She dreams of being representing the Middle East.

She is quite simple as she behaves.

Her possessed wisdom, to her country leads...

 

Sometimes I see Author Stacia around Sharing the words of God. Her heart abounds; she is a wonderful soul wrapped by the grace of our Lord A kind of her lights the whole world.

 

Cecile is there too. She is a sincere woman. She is a luminous creation who loves her own land; her love for her place's people is the center of her vision...

She is such a beautiful inspiration.

 

I would like to find Ćärołiñë Mõrphêw.

Her appearance lately seemingly just a few.

I miss the truthfulness of her heart and soul.

She loves without limit, even sometimes she falls.

 

Toni Lovric is my pretty friend from down under

That is how I often call her.

Her talents are greatly amazing.

Her arts are exceptional and breathtaking...

 

I don’t want to miss this smart Eden.

She is so alive, happy, and friendly being.

Her ink splashes magical words.

So generous of appreciating her friend’s works

 

I am moved by these beautiful creations.

I am just a reflection of the beauty of their souls.

We aren’t infallible women, yet we are passionate and true.

We are the lights to those who are feeling blue.

 

Our pens are moving with deep emotion, dancing with the melody of our sweet illusion...

We all celebrate life vividly and strong gracing the lands where we belong...

 

Now I am crying with tears, not anymore due to pains. These are tears of love...

The tears of a soul were so glad...

 

This is a poem without an ending, to be continued anytime, anywhere. As for more souls, I am searching to be mentioned here...

 

(C) Helen Sarita 7th July 2016

 

 

Fiona: Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?:  

Yes! I find it challenging every time I join a contest in our Facebook Love Poetry Group. When Deborah announced who can make her cry to be a winner,  I unleashed all the emotions from my heart, which was kept unwritten.

 

Fiona: Do you have to travel much concerning your book(s)?:  

I travel much in our country concerning my work. I travel out of the country to unwind, but I always bring my passion with me wherever I am. Concerning my book, I don’t need it for now, but maybe one day, I dream of launching my book with Deborah and Susan.

 

Fiona: Who designed the covers?:  

It is Author Susan Joyner Stumph who designed the classic cover of my book.

 

Fiona: What was the hardest part of writing your book?:  

My poems are all ready for publication. I can even publish four books simultaneously as I have written more than 200 poems already, So I didn’t find having any hard part in writing my book.

 

Fiona: Did you learn anything from writing your book, and what was it?:  

I learned that publishing a book has many aspects to consider, from photos, cover design, and choosing the best title that greatly impacts the readers. It is very challenging, and I know I still have more to learn.

 

Fiona: If any of your books was made into a film, who would you like to play the lead:  

 For now, I am publishing my inspirational book, and the next one will still be the same. By the time I publish my poetry about love and romance, I would like it to be played by the very handsome and beautiful couple Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. They are both magnificent stars. I love to watch them playing my excitement, thrill, sadness, and pains brought to love.

 

Fiona: Do you have any advice for other writers?:  

 They only need to go with their passion, write and write, and read and listen. They have to look around, appreciate other works with all honesty, be true and kind to everybody, and remain humble as humility gives us wisdom. These talents of ours are given by our Almighty God, our Creator, and the giver of all our endowments. We have to return all of these to Him in a passionate way of helping others in our own little ways.

 

Fiona: Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?  

 To the readers of my book and my coming books, I am thanking you from the bottom of my heart, and I am encouraging you to have your copy. I wish and pray that you will continually support me in this endeavor because you will also be a part of the charity that I wished to buy my book.

 

Fiona: Is there one person pass or present you would meet and why?:  

Yes, I would like to meet Deborah in person. She is my living angel.

But I hope you will allow me to mention many.

I would include Author Susan, Nitasu, and the rest of my friends I have given tribute in my poem “Reflection.” I dearly love these ladies!

 

Fiona: What do you want to be written on your headstone and why?  

“My chapter has ended, but I will  be forever. Just turn its pages because I am there.”

 

Fiona: Other than writing, do you have any hobbies ?:  

I love gardening, but I don’t have space as of now that we are in Cebu City, and maybe even if I have space, my time won’t allow me for now.

 

Fiona: What TV shows/films do you enjoy watching?:  

 Before I watched our Local Films, but believe me, I really don’t have time to watch even on Television. My work occupied much of my time.

 

Fiona: Favorite foods / Colors/ Music  

 Spicy food like Biryani is my favorite food.

I love black, white, red, green, blue, and Mocca colors.

In music, I love to listen to any Love Songs like You Made Me Live again, You Decorated My Life and so many.

 

Fiona: If you were not a writer, what else would you like to have done?:  

 I am an Entrepreneur. Doing business occupies my time the most more than poetry. And I want to prove myself after so many failures, I dream to succeed in my business venture, and I believe  I am now leading to where I wished to be.

 

Fiona: Do you have a blog/website? If so, what is it?  

 Yes, I have!

http://helensarita.blogspot.ae 


 

Advertisements
R

2THOUGHTS ON “HERE IS MY INTERVIEW WITH HELEN SARITA.”

  1. Michael Ellis said:

    July 14, 2016, at 7:41 am

    Thank You, Helen Sarita, for allowing me to be a part of your amazing writing journey. Your talent is now being recognized on several continents…You obviously know that true writing has little to do with the ink that comes out of the pen and more to do with the courage that comes out of the heart. I love your poetry, and your passion…Every poem I write has a purpose. Every poem I write has power. I am forever honored that my ink has spilled into your pen. I can’t wait to see your new book…Poet M.e. Michael Ellis…

    • You delighted me with your words Poet Michael Ellis. Yes, a true writer is courageous. Our pens bleed love and touch many souls. I am so inspired by your works and that when I write, I have to let my soul breathe in every line. Thank you much, and be blessed!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUBSTANCE OF LOVE