HELEN'S INTERVIEW BY DEBORRAH

 




Let me introduce you to one of the most talented poetesses, Author Helen Sarita.

Helen is a wife, a mother, a grandmother of six, and she is a friend of many.

Helen is from a beautiful country, the Philippines. She ventured her own business about six years ago, and currently, she endeavors to publish a magazine named "Blossoms Journal." She is also an active member of the Progressive Literary and Cultural Society based in India with Dr. Shamenaz. These two lovely ladies were with me in the United Global Sisterhood group. Helen Sarita is busy both with her work and family but behind her hectic schedule. She still has the time to study, write, and get online for the activities related to school and literary events worldwide by the Progressive Literary and Cultural Society. 


Helen was a dedicated member of Love Poetry on Facebook. We had a contest, “What Does It Matter What a Woman Looks Like? Will You Love Them Anyway?” Helen won gold for her poem Holistic Love, plus the privilege to be interviewed and publish on my website :

Her poem got the most votes, and she got the Gold Award!


 Helen Sarita @

HOLISTIC LOVE…


Her beauty captured him. She thought he’ll love her till the end.
Yet her outer beauty upon the rolling of time has changed.
She was naive and innocent in her own natural ways.
She was a hunger to learn as hours turned to days.
She was dismayed when she realized life wasn’t smooth.
She battled strifes in her life. She never ever thought.
Her beauty gradually fades upon the churning of times.
She gained faith she held by her soul and tears from her eyes.
His love was lost, and he finds someone to fill his desire.
As she became unattractive from his own worldly eyes
Woman as she is, she became wiser as she gets older.
She danced so gracefully to the tune of life though it was bitter.
She’s was buffed like gold to produce her shine.
Nothing she had but only the faith, one day, she can survive.
She is no longer a woman who can turn heads unto her.
Only she knew she had to strive to the fullest and bear.
Till she knew to love her own unique and divine self,
She learned from the fantastic quotes of life she reads.
She embraced the beauty of life she thought she hadn’t
Her life upon its melancholy continued to grow, not barren.
She says she is old, but she shades like a lamp so warm.
Even she lost her outer beauty, but she’s confident and calm.
Now, he regretted hurting her as their love was buried by her.
She was persistent in walking on a difficult path without fear.
She was greeted by a dazzling splendid beam of sunshine.
She became sweeter in the lingers of time, like wine.
She became prettier as she splashes her kind, pure heart.
She’s old, but a kind of her will make her man truly glad.
She met a loving man who captivated her kind heart.
Who promised her nothing in the world, only just love
She’s the woman in her ways dreamed by every man to have
He captured her heart and built her confidence firmly back.
She’s the princess of him who knows love and its meaning.
She is the treasure of his heart till he breathes, set to an end.
She will forever loved by him no matter what she looks like...
She is his angel, and she meant the world in his sight.
Though how badly her old love dreamed and wished her back
It made him sad, as she found a man to love her no matter what.
Regret always comes too late, Men. Can we have your stance?
Can you define love to its essence, that love is acceptance?
Not only to the beauty of our faces and our curvy shape
We are women who deserve a kind of love that is holistic.

 

helen-and-books-2

What a pleasure to meet and talk to Helen. She is so fresh and beautiful. You would never know she was a grandmother. Her smile lights up the room, and everyone is drawn to her.

On with the questions…


“Hello Helen, I want to thank you for granting me this interview.  What are some of your favorite genres to read and to write?” 

“Debbie, I am a typical lady writer. I always love to write and read about love stories and poems. Yet, I have been given an endowment to writing inspirational books because they invigorated me so much. My heart and soul have an inclination to also write inspirational poetry.”

 

“Helen, what is your inspiration with your writing?”

“Debbie, I am so much inspired by the people who believe in my talent, to those who believe in the kindness of my heart and the truthfulness of my soul behind my flaws.”

 

“Helen, are you a published author? If not, do you plan on being?” 

“Debbie, I am so excited. I am a published author. My first book's title is ‘SPEAKING HEART VOL.1, IT’S ABOUT TIME.’ The second book is & SPEAKING VOL. 2 LANGUAGE OF LOVE.' They can be ordered online at Lulu.Com. I still have books to be published. I am also in several Anthology Books namely:
‘Poetic Souls, Women of Passion, Deepest Obsession and Women of Reflection and lately  Under the Azure Sky'” 


speaking-heart-book-cover-for-helen

 

poetic-souls-anthology-book

 

women-of-passion-book-cover

 

deepest1-obsession-front-cover-1

 

women-of-reflection-both-covers

















What made you busy today? Is it your business or your passion for Poetry?

I am busy with both Debbie and not all have the idea that I am studying now at Atlantic International University in Honolulu, Hawaii, and at the same time publishing a magazine. These occupied a lot of time, plus the online events about poetry organized by a good friend of ours, the founder of Progressive Literature and Cultural Society, Dr. Shamenaz.

“Helen, you already have reached far, and I am so proud of you. With your achievements, what has been your greatest Criticism?”

“Well, Debbie, my greatest criticism came from those who can’t find the goodness in themselves and that they want to find flaws in others. But it didn’t affect me as I have great followers around who kept encouraging me to write. I admit I have flaws in my writing, but still, the readers appreciate the essence of what my ink wishes to convey.”

 

“Helen, what has been your greatest compliment?”

“Debbie, the greatest compliment that I received came from a woman who extremely shines by spreading so much love from her heart. I was so surprised when she mentioned my name during her interview. I will be humbled and honored for life with her wonderful compliment, and in fact, I have cropped and saved the portion of her interview mentioning my name. Those words of hers gave me a break in the world of poetry, as many have known me because of her. She is the one who asked me questions right now. She is no other than but the wholesome you, Author Deborah Brooks Langford.”

 

deb-do-you-have-a-favortie-poem

 

“Ahhhh Helen, that is so nice of you. I just know when I see great poetry, and yours has always been great. When you sit down to write, do you do it the old-fashioned way with pen and paper, or do you use a computer?”

“Debbie, when I started composing poetry, I used an ordinary notebook and pen as I wasn’t well versed in a computer yet. It disappointed me a lot when I lost some copies. I couldn’t make another poem greater than the first pure flow from my heart until such a friend named Ajay Lok taught me how to create my own blog by instructing me online. I was then able to save all my creations in my blog entitled ‘Speaking Heart.’ My way of writing poetry and other stuff is to directly write them into my mobile phone as it is convenient and I can write anywhere, even when I am on travel. I am now using this phone to answer this interview.”

 

“Helen, what do you do when you are not writing?”

“Oh well, Debbie. As you know me so well, I make my living. I can’t stop doing business because it keeps me active in the corporate world. I am passionate about helping, and that is impossible to do so if I also have less to share. But I know how to balance myself to feel great even with my very hectic schedule. Writing is my stress reliever, and I usually do this when I travel while waiting for my flight boarding and sometimes waiting for my meeting schedule. People that I meet from day to day are opportunities in both my living and passion. Every minute that passes is a blessing, so I never waste my time.”

 

“Helen, compared to when you first started writing, have you noticed any big changes in your writing style or how you write compared from then to now?”

“Debbie, there are, I believe, some improvements as I sometimes dare to copy some style of other great writers. Yet, when I read my old poems, I still consider the old ones the best because they were so purely squeezed from the greatest depth of my heart. They were the first burst of my untold stories. For me, it is not about the way we write that makes it good but the concentrated cascades of our souls that make it beautiful.”

 

“Helen, what do you look for in a book when you sit down to read for fun?”

“Sometimes Debbie, it is ironic, but I am a kind of writer who does not read so much, maybe because of the lack of time. I only turn pages of some books in front of me without digesting them. But I always loved to read love stories when I was in my high school days. Yet, later I found out I was more inclined to read inspirational books. Time changes us and our outlook on life. I also love to read some jokes as sometimes I love to laugh out loud.”


“Helen, what has been your favorite part about being a poetess and an author and now a Publisher?”
“Debbie, I gained respect throughout our poetry world as an Author. My poetry depicts reality and is easy to understand enough to soothe the heart of the readers. In our busy poetic world, having those famous writers give time to appreciate my work is already an absolute achievement. And as a Publisher, I know this is the start of another facet of my journey. I can see the promising tomorrow. We have touched many hearts with our inspiring stories and more. And to have numerous good friends worldwide, these are things I have gained money cant buy.”


“Helen, when you walk into a bookstore, where do you head to first? Why? 

I always bring myself to the business book section. I am thirsty for knowledge of the things that I am doing now. Even if I am not fully equipped, I always do an excellent job at the end of the day. It’s always our attitude of work that matters.


 “Helen, did you get to think about focusing your adventure as a writer and/or author, or do you still want to keep your main source of living and writing and publishing are something you do for fun? 

“Debbie, my business is the source of everything for now. I can't quit doing business because of my passion. I still need to thrive for my family and for the people around me. In this busy time, I can delegate my business to my staff under my watch.  Physically I am still so capable of doing hard work. Time flies so fast, and I need to ride its wings. When I ventured into publishing a magazine, it is kinda feeding the passion within. I can't stop fueling my ink because of this call. My thoughts are refreshed to write down my heart. I need to prove that we can do things possible if there's an intense desire in our hearts. This is the epitome of my soul.


“Helen, I am so proud of you, and we all should take lessons from you. What has been the strangest thing a reader has asked you?”

 “Debbie, I have encountered so far many stage questions, but during the launching of my book last August 6, 2016. I was asked a beautiful question by a certain friend named Paul that stirred my thoughts on answering it awesomely. This was how his question goes:

PAUL: “Helen Sarita, you have able to write your own story as a way of immortality and most especially a moral encouragement to all women. What advice do you have for would-be mothers and mothers alike who are going through terrible hurdles?”


ME: “Paul Amadi, back to your question. You know,  somehow, I can change the outlook of some of my friends and acquaintances who are experiencing unpleasant situations in their battle of life, especially in marriage life, after sharing to them my story. I want to tell everyone that for the sake of their children and for their commitment, we should be brave in life. We need to rise in every fall. We need to find our way back and sacrifice as needed. Have faith because no matter how difficult the situation is, things will be twisted back to where they should be. Don’t easily surrender because if you surrender once, you will be surrendering the rest of your lives. Be strong and persevere. If you just know what the value is of every sacrifice, you might ask for more. Be a model to your children. In our steadfast, we are giving them a beautiful message what life is.”😊💖

 

“Wow, Helen, what a question and great answer on your part. Besides writing, what is your most favorite thing to do?”

“Debbie, I love to travel a lot and make friends around the world. Meeting people who are lovers of art inspires me. I also dream of being an inspirational speaker in a big crowd. But for now, what I love to do is to do vlogging. Some people have no interest in reading. They just want to watch YouTube or FB videos. By then, I can have a way to penetrate their souls.

 

“Helen, we all have our little things when it comes to reading, is there anything that bugs you when you read a novel? What is it?”

“Debbie, I am not reading novels nowadays as I know I will be bugged in countless things that occupy the most of my thoughts.”

 

“Helen, what do you listen to when you write? Do you find one type of music over another that inspires you to write? Why?”

“Debbie, I only listen to the lyrics of my heart. It is its music that cascades the flow of my ink.” 


“Helen, what genre are you looking forward to exploring during your writing career? Why?”

 “Well, Debbie, I love to write poetry that will touch many lives to answer my calling. This endowment was bestowed upon me for a purpose.”


Who are your favorite authors?”

“Debbie, I am a fan of a certain Deborah Brooks Langford. A lady which I adore so much in her humbleness, her true self, and her flaws. I can see myself through her.  She listens to my fair views in life, and she accepts and takes my words in her down moments. To be contributing the gleam of my light to her life is an honor. I am humbled by her love and the time she shared with me. And I also deeply love the work of Susan Joyner Stumph. She is an exceptional author. I dreamed of writing like her style, but I know I can not copy her.  I will remain to be her fan for life. One thing I am proud of, they are both proud to call me a friend. Their love is beyond measure.


“Helen, you are the nicest, sweetest, most loyal friend, and I  love calling you sister.  What  words would you use to describe yourself?”

I keep on telling myself I am beautiful, and that is how I love to describe myself. One of my closest friends covers his ears once I tell our group that I am beautiful, and then we start our laughter. I shared with them that I am grateful to God who created me beautiful, and the Lord replied, My child, you only have a poor sight. " Well, it is the funny side of me. Yet, I still claim my heart authentically sees the beauty in me. I have to add that I am strong, I am funny, yet I am also sincere. I am delightful and so considerate, and last but not least, I love deeply.


“What a wonderful interview, and Helen, I have to say I think and believe and know you are beautiful inside and out…”

 

helen-quote

Enjoy some of Helen’s poetry:

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 WHEN THE RIGHT TIME WILL BE?


My pen cries to utter what my heart silently murmurs.
Would it cover what my thoughts wished to speak for?
Would there be an ending to this abyss of distress 
that somehow would change to unity and happiness?
Would be the writer's inks have enough power 
to transform the dusk into love and light vastness?
Nothing impossible...that's the believers are standing for
Would the little ink left in our pens show its own essence?
Would be the calling of our passion also be a part of uniting nations?
Can we speak out not to bash but access to peace?
Why can't we pray for 7 race, culture, and belief?
That we aren't here to fight and towards each principle, we do have respect
That whenever we talk softly and not harshly, we can mellow down hatreds
That it is futile to use our fingers to point out others faults or mistakes
Why are we so inclined to side with whom we stand for?
It's time to look for the lives of our brethren and not to feed 
our hunger for power as we  dwell on earth just temporarily
That whether we like it or not, we will leave this place 
bringing nothing and handling empty
Why we cant, understand that we might be right
 and we might also be wrong?
There are no sides from our sights 
which are completely bright  and gloom
There'll always be a way to find our equilibrium.
Why we can't go out and be 
an instrument for unity and oneness?
For us to fight this apocalypse, we are
facing at the moment, and we'll continue 
to be meeting if we won't ask for Wisdom and deep Faith
My heart is a yearning in ardent, how about you?
I firmly believe we can have our share 
whatever our status in life, we may be rich or poor
As those people who are blind now 
can be a temple of love in the future
If we won't start it now, 
then when the right time is?
Love and sacrifice for once, the world is needing us.
Show  your talents not only in a contest 
but in a context of unselfishness
Let us be a source of love in the form of 
Art our one God has bestowed upon us.

Helen Sarita
(c) June 2017
All right reserved


Timeless Queen

By Helen Sarita

 

You divinely open your soul to mine unburdened

with all your glory~

A soul who wishes to take the love I abound in my heart

A soul who is untiring to infuse love into my deepest core

Now you are standing in front of me, looking into my eyes.

Seeing as if for the first time into my soul’s beauty~

You take my face in your hands gently yet strongly.

You kiss my lips, tasting my breath against yours.

Allowing you to flow in mine as I flow into yours

Never wanting to let go~.

Delving yourself with pasture never known before

Rising to the clouds being carried away.

Getting deeper. Drowning into my ageless and timeless soul.

You are such lovely incredible~

For you, I am not just a beauty nor a brain.

Not just a woman who takes care of you until the end.

Yet, I am simply a reality of your dream.

I am your timeless queen~


My Thoughtful Pen

By Helen Sarita

 

Hoping to unleash the silence of my hushed emotion

I found my active pen nimbly in motion.

Excited to tell things to my mind just rolled

Wishing me to download all the feelings untold~

My witty pen now waving like whirling dervishes

Its glossy ink smoothly flowing in such grace.

Delighted to circulate the whisper of my heart

To promulgate my emotion, my pen has a big part~

As I started emoting the honesty of my poor soul

My pen seemed to weaken, and the movement was in control.

Hesitated to talk what my heart gently speaks

Lingered the spring of my emotion, trying to divert~

 I just gave my pen my earnest smile, and it winks.

My pen smartness is what I adore as it deeply thinks.

Maybe it wishes to gather the nectar of my blossom.

Preserves the wonders of my heart and its magical bloom~

(C) Helen Sarita



ALONE

By: Helen Sarita

Alone I see the amber shadow.
The mountain of hope in the glow
I heard the birds to me hymn.
A song in my gloomy evening
Alone I see my lonely self.
Silently shedding my tears.
Who owned me in this valley?
Accompanying me in calvary?
Along there are so much to remember
Things I disposed of that fester.
The fraught of yesteryears
Oh, my spirit yelling in tears.
Alone I am speaking to my shadow.
What is the essence of tomorrow?
If tonight I watched the unseen moon
Talking to my lonesome heart...
Alone...


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 


helen-award

Helen received an Award of Appreciation from Kabayan Weekly Newspaper, Dubai, UAE.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AN INTERVIEW CONDUCTED BY FIONA MCVIE (June 2016)

SUBSTANCE OF LOVE