I SURVIVED



To endure being brought down to the abyss,

was like jostling to a world full of distresses

You told stories by all means; I was a kind of rug

And many things, against me, even more than that

It was a hurty expression of bitterness and hatred

I can't be mean, and I marched to project myself instead

I carried the harsh words thrown to me without dismay

Some spread the rumors and even added in their way

At times, I wonder, when I walked down the street, 

Some rose their brows and look at me from head to feet

I kept my silence; I was noiseless and held my tongue

Nothing to say more; I didn't owe an explanation to anyone

I propel myself to waltz with a life full of grace I could be

I conditioned my thoughts undoubtedly and positively

I continue to partake my blessings to some of the needy

I need not focus the mocking as it was just a form of envy

My self-worth glitters, and with the optimistic breeze, I shine

The touches of melancholy turned to a vigorous life's ride of mine

My heart sounds lively, and the panoramic view became extra wide

I raise both my arms to thank the skies and shout the world, I survived!


Helen Sarita


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AN INTERVIEW CONDUCTED BY FIONA MCVIE (June 2016)

SUBSTANCE OF LOVE

NOTHING IMPOSSIBLE IN THE HEAVEN BENEATH