Tuesday, April 7, 2009

PREFERRED ROAD



In an exhausting journey
I travelled quite a distance
Freely chosen my own route
A privilege that anyone could

I could have chosen the low road
Where way could have been smooth and short
Easy, enjoyable and comfortable
Embracing no challenges at all

I could have chosen the road in the middle
Where I could have meet some obstacles
This just would be a common encounter
We could possibly meet in our every travel

Yet I preferred to choose the high road
Where I climbed to the top of my destination
Motivated to pursue behind the difficulties
The rough and crooked road was tough to face

Determination boosted my confidence
Moving forward by my own pace, I persevered
As I reached up the peak of the mountain
I saw the bounty of the ocean, so exhilarating

No comments: